• Does the shear have a life-time warranty against manufacturer’s defects?
• Can I contact the scissor company /scissor consultant if I have a problems with my shear?
• Make sure that the phone number is legitimate.
• Will the scissor consultant resolve any problems that I have in a timely and satisfactory fashion?
• Is the scissor consultant pushing me into something I do not want to buy?
• Does the price of the scissor sound too good to be true?
Other Considerations When Purchasing Shears:
• You should feel that your scissor consultant has your best interest at heart.
• A decent quality scissor is in the $125-$200 price range. Expect a shear in this price range to be from China or Taiwan. A brand named shear marked Japan in this price range may not actually be from Japan.
• Many times low-priced scissors offered on the internet are knock-offs.
• If you buy a really cheap scissor, this means that you will need it to be serviced more often. Inexpensive shears do not hold an edge. And sometimes, extremely cheap scissors cannot be repaired.
• If a scissor is not marked, it is most likely from China or Pakistan.
* A scissor marked with Japan Steel or Japanese Steel still does not mean it was made in Japan.
• Ask your scissor consultant questions - you have a right to know what you are paying for.
Thompson Sharpening Service has scissors to fit your style & your budget without compromising on quality. If you don't see something you like on our page, give us a call & let us find the perfect scissor for you. For more information and pricing please call us 717-993-8885, and we will be happy to supply you with a catalog of what we have to offer.
Servicing all Commercial and Residential Customers • We Sell Salon and Grooming Scissors and Accessories
Distributor of Chipper Knives